Friday, May 22, 2009

Scott Pilgrim

Sorry for the lack of updates! I've been real busy here, wrapping up We, The People, commissions and getting apps in on the iphone app store. I'm nearing the end of the new GN, and it feels really good. I've gotten some great feedback from writers and editors in the industry I admire, and I hope everyone else enjoys the book too! But, I digress..

It's good to try and decompress between drawing sequential pages and whatnot by doing some personal art. I usually end up doing X-men or video game character sketches, but today I decided to do something different. If you haven't heard of Scott Pilgrim, you probably haven't been reading comics lately! It's a series of books published by Oni Press by Bryan Lee O'Malley, and they've taken the independent comics scene by storm. I've read volume one so far (they're hard to find!) and it was good stuff. Anyway, here's my interpretation of the lead character in my style:

No comments:

Post a Comment