Friday, February 12, 2010

Roy Batty from Blade Runner



this week on the bendis board sketch thread, it was my theme suggestion--the iconic film, Blade Runner. of course, this happened to fall on the week I started Existence 3.0.. haha but i still managed to get something done for the thread: link

My favorite aspect of the film is the art direction and the color palette. Antagonist Roy Batty's final scene on the rooftop was one of many that stood out for me. I'd have liked to have polished this up more, but after almost two hours on it, I've got to get back to my pages!

2 comments:

  1. I have a few things to say about this. First, Blade Runner is probably near the top of my all-time favorite movies, so this is absolutely killer. Second, it's a shame that more people didn't contribute to the theme you suggested, because I wanted to see more art! And finally, when I visited the Bendis boards I noticed your post count... good lord, man! You've got like 5500+ Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! yeah, it was a surprisingly slow week in the sketch thread. oh well!

    as for my post count--well, i've been posting there since 2002, so i actually don't post with a whole lot of frequency! there's guys there with 100k posts!

    ReplyDelete