Friday, April 8, 2011

Morning Glories Fashion, part 6




The final (?) entry in Morning Glories fashion is none other than the incomparable Zoe. Far and away the most popular character in the book--she's quite a firecracker. I'll admit that early on, it took me a bit to get the hang of drawing her. After her spotlight issue in #7, I got more comfortable with her and now feel more confident with her and her personality.

I always say that I base Zoe's appearance on Jordana Brewster circa the film, The Faculty. A lot of her mannerisms I use for Zoe. But, I also get a lot of Zoe from Leighton Meester's character Blair from Gossip Girl (not that I've ever seen an episode or anything..). Zoe clearly puts up a front, but it's clear she likes the finer things in life and has no qualms with wanting to look her very best.

I actually had one more idea for an entry in this series of character studies--hence the (?) above. I will hopefully get to it soon, but I am scrambling to get issue 10 and a load of commissions done. Colorist Alex Sollazzo has taken to coloring some of these up, and I'll share them all when he gets them all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment