Friday, September 9, 2011

Twelve

12 issues of Morning Glories. Man, I can’t believe it! We almost made it to where the 12th issue was out exactly a year after the first (if we hadn’t gotten delayed between 10 and 11). Ah well. Still, it’s the longest run of comics I’ve ever worked on. (Granted, I surpassed that milestone at issue 5) And in this market, that’s a pretty significant milestone!

It’s been a rollercoaster ride, and it only seems to be getting crazier. We recently turned in issue 13, which kicks off the third arc of the series and I must say, I’m pretty proud of this one. Usually, the first part of a new story arc can be touch and go—it can be difficult to find your footing as an artist. Here, I think all things clicked. This one starts a very Invisibles-esque storyline, and I couldn’t be more excited about that. We’ve got lots of awesome twists and turns in store, and I hope you’ll all still be along for the ride!

To commemorate this event, I drew up this shot of Zoe and a little birthday cupcake. Cheers! (if you want the inked original, shoot me an email at joe(at)supajoe.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment